Published: Jun 23, 2022
Facial For Sensitive Skin Which Are The Right Ones
A facial for sensitive skin is one of the most effective solutions to treat this type of complexion. Because of its proneness to irritations and inflammation, the face should be treated with mild, hypoallergenic ingredients as naturally as possible.
Sensitive skin is a very normal condition, usually influenced by genetic factors. Other factors, such as the environment, the daily routine, or even some facial products, can also create a situation in which a certain skin type is more sensitive or simply more aggravated.
In every case, you must know the types of skin care available near you and your skin type, as well as the ingredients in the products you intend to use. The reason for sensitive skin is that it is affected by external and internal factors, resulting in too much moisture and allowing bacteria to enter, resulting in irritations later.
Even though it may seem like no solution, there are actually treatments available for sensitive skin. For example, a facial for sensitive skin that uses the right ingredients or tools can positively affect sensitive skin. As a result, you'll feel more comfortable in your own skin, and your self-esteem will improve.
Two types of facial treatments are commonly recommended to treat sensitive skin: soothing and moisturizing. Exfoliants should be avoided at all costs. Although some are considered non-invasive, they also use ingredients that definitely affect the state of sensitive skin.
Are you interested in learning more? This article aims to provide all the information you need to understand how a facial for sensitive skin is helpful for this skin type and what natural alternatives are available to help you at home.
What Does a Facial For Sensitive Skin Look Like?
It is important to take advantage of the expertise of beauticians or specialized centers that can provide the proper care when you are having a facial for sensitive skin.
Remember that each skin type is different, so while one may be allergic to one element, another may be allergic to another. At the beginning of any facial procedure, the first step is to determine what type of skin you have and which ingredients or agents you might be allergic to. You will also be told about products that can soothe, relax, and moisturize your skin.
The first step is to apply a gentle exfoliation through a gel or cream made up of fruit enzymes that work in conjunction with the skin.
Then, we perform gentle facial cleansing by applying a type of hypoallergenic mask without odor and with natural ingredients. This will be complemented by the application of a moisturizing serum that, at the same time, will help your skin feel calmer.
Finally, some aesthetic centers offer a simple and gentle facial massage that collaborates with your skin's lymphatic and immune system circulation.
How Can a Facial For Sensitive Skin Help?
With a facial, you will reduce irritation, swelling, and redness through the hydration provided by the ingredients used. This will promote the immunization of the skin, making it look and feel better, restoring its natural balance.
In order to get the best advice from your doctor or trusted specialist, it is important that you let them know that you have sensitive skin. Consequently, the skin evaluation will be directed towards avoiding irritations, rashes, or unnecessary skin outbreaks in the future.
We say this because treatments are composed of much stronger ingredients that are considered non-invasive and are only for common skin but not for sensitive skin.
Recommended Ingredients for Sensitive Skin
As we have mentioned, the condition of sensitivity in the skin can be treated to soothe and moisturize the skin or simply beautify it. As long as ingredients are used that do not worsen the sensitivity situation. In that case, it is recommended to use products that contain the following ingredients:
- Marine ingredients, such as algae: These compounds are exclusively positive for people suffering from rosacea redness. They are made up of vitamins that are good for soothing the skin and its state of irritation.
- Hyaluronic Acid: If your sensitive skin type tends towards dryness, using a little Hyaluronic Acid will help restore the moisture layer of the skin so that pollutants do not enter so frequently. It can also reduce the sensations of irritation due to dryness in the skin.
- Green tea and chamomile: These are natural ingredients that contain anti-inflammatories, antibacterials, and antioxidants that work as perfect soothing agents for reddened or irritated skin.
- Vitamin C: It naturally increases the production of collagen and elastin, which are the cells that help maintain the shine of the skin and its texture and firmness. So it works as a complement to recover from skin spots or mild skin affectations.
- Aloe vera: Works perfectly to soothe the skin if you suffered a sunburn.
- Honey and oats: Both are antibacterial agents that collaborate with the restoration of the PH of the skin.
Types of Facial For Sensitive Skin
The most suitable types of facial treatment for sensitive skin are those that soothe and moisturize the skin. However, there are also other alternatives that are a little more within reach of daily life. We will mention them in this section.
Each of them promotes the following benefits for sensitivity:
People with a dry or opaque complexion are usually recommended to undergo this type of facial for sensitive skin. It is used to restore moisture and elasticity and restore the skin's shine.
This type of facial is least invasive for sensitive skin because oxygen and saltwater are simply sprayed on the skin through a device. As a plus, it helps recover the skin's shine and makes it look much cleaner and hydrated.
If you are the type of person who usually constantly suffers from skin irritation, swelling, or redness, you need a type of facial for sensitive skin focused on providing a state of calm to the skin.
Given these characteristics, skin peels will be completely avoided, and facials will focus on using much gentler techniques that will normally be composed of ingredients full of vitamins. For example, seaweed, chamomile, and green tea will be used during the treatments.
You should only use this type of alternative if you are sure there will be no allergic reaction to the ingredients.
Some people resort to vaporizing the face by putting their faces in front of a pot with freshly boiled water. For sensitive skin, this is not recommended, as worse irritation could be incurred.
On the other hand, it is recommended to use masks based on natural ingredients such as aloe vera, chamomile, green tea, oats, and honey.
Avoid using masks containing lemon, baking soda, or some type of acid.
Skin Sensitivity Considerations
Skin sensitivity is a condition that affects many people. That is why so many treatments, products, and ingredients are recommended as a solution to this type of condition. It is good to know that so much progress has been made in understanding the skin and the technologies to restore it to its former health. Most of these procedures are painless and safe as long as they are not invasive.
For example, a facial for sensitive skin is one of the most appropriate solutions for rejuvenating the skin. To sum up, in addition to having explained all of the above, we want to offer a list of the tips and precautions you should take into account when treating your skin and taking care of it.
If You Have Sensitive Skin, Consider the Following:
- Make sure you consult a dermatologist for the right guidelines to keep your skin healthy and free of irritation, redness, and dryness.
- Ask and clarify all the questions you have about the ingredients in the treatment you are about to perform. We have already mentioned some positive treatments for this type of skin. We remind you that strong peels should be avoided.
- Mention to your specialist what your usual skincare regimen is. This will help them determine the ingredients that do not cause your allergy.
- Do not perform peels.
- Avoid intense heat on the face.
- Take care of your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen.
- Stay hydrated, drink water.
- Opt for simple and gentle treatments.
- Do not do several treatments simultaneously. Let the skin heal and give it an adequate recovery time between one and the other.
- Get to know your skin before you treat it.
Finally, if you take these tips into account, you will have a much safer experience and more beneficial results for the health of your skin. Skin care for sensitive skin should always be tailored to the specific characteristics of each individual.