Published: Mar 18, 2022
Look Cuter In Makeup By Choosing The Best Foundation For Textured Skin
Some girls find rough skin with bumps, marks, or even acne uncomfortable and something they don't want to deal with. We always want to look cute, whether we are going to work or even a party with friends. The good news is that there are several solutions to that problem. Explore the best foundation for textured skin with us.
For a special occasion, a good base specially formulated for textured skin is the best way to conceal the imperfections of your face (let's say in the short term). Choosing the proper foundation requires knowledge about several factors, such as our skin type, the available tones, the ingredients, and the foundation's finish we are going to use.
In general, textured skin is quite sensitive, so we should choose a base that adapts well to it and does not draw attention to any imperfections it may have. A base specially designed for textured skin will have cleaner makeup while also protecting our skin from possible adverse reactions.
Choosing the right base is one of the most important steps toward obtaining cute makeup, but finding the perfect one can be difficult when we know that not all skins are the same. This article will address all the details and tips you need to find the perfect base for your skin type.
The Essentials When Choosing the Best Foundation For Textured Skin
It is important to know that textured skin is normal, and many women have it. It is also important to determine the characteristics of textured skin, which typically appears dull, dry, uneven, and rough when touched.
There are various reasons why the surface of our skin can be textured; it usually occurs as we age and as our skin loses its elasticity. However, other factors can also affect the skin, such as acne, dehydration, or prolonged exposure to the sun.
Textured skin is a sensitive skin type, so it will require special care. In cases of extreme skin sensitivity, we must consider that the products we use will protect our skin without being excessive (i.e., looking pastel or overloaded). This will make the makeup appear more uniform and natural.
Our skincare routine is equally important as our makeup base. Achieving the same balance between the amounts of water and oils our skin needs will reduce acne problems such as enlarged pores and make us look younger and more radiant overall.
By using components like hyaluronic acid or niacinamide as a part of our routine, we'll be able to treat our skin's condition from within. Choosing bases containing these elements will act as a double layer of protection for our skin.
With this makeup, we have makeup that helps us cover imperfections in the short term, and at the same time, we are going to stimulate skin regeneration thanks to hyaluronic acid. Furthermore, niacinamide will create a protective barrier against external contaminants that can irritate our skin, therefore making the skin appear more radiant.
With regular use of these components, we increase the chances of positive long-term results. Here are some of the benefits of choosing the best foundation for textured skin:
- It helps us hide skin imperfections: wrinkles, acne, enlarged pores, etc.
- They contain anti-aging ingredients and other active ingredients that keep our skin hydrated and healthy.
- It allows the makeup finish to be uniform and radiant during the day.
The 5 Best Brands of Foundation for Textured Skin
Choosing the best foundation for textured skin can be quite a task even for makeup experts, given the wide range of options available on the market. This is why we have compiled a list of the five best brands for textured skin to make your search easier.
1. Makeup Foundation Fit Me Dewy + Smooth De Maybelline New York
Fren renowned for its high-quality products, Maybelline offers a wide range of products for the skin. Its Fit Me Dewy + Smooth makeup base stands out mainly for its formula that combines factor sun protection (SPF) 18 with a light base ideal for normal or dry skin.
It is non-comedogenic, meaning that it will prevent excessive sebum production and pore-clogging, a common problem with textured skin. It provides a bright and natural finish, has no fragrance, and is available in a variety of shades.
2. Revlon ColorStay Longwear Liquid Foundation
The benefits this base brings to skin prone to acne and textured skin make it one of the most popular products on the market. Since it offers complete coverage and a matte finish, makeup can last for hours. However, this product's most exciting component is that it contains hyaluronic acid, which helps maintain our textured skin.
Revlon ColorStay Longwear has a liquid base that helps hydrate the skin, but it should be applied carefully to avoid getting stains on clothing.
3. Instant Anti-Wrinkle Foundation Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless
Textured skin also exhibits expression lines. The Covergirl Instant Anti-Wrinkle base is ideal for hiding wrinkles caused by dryness and the passage of time. Skin aging or sun exposure causes fine lines to appear. This treatment decreases their appearance. Vitamin C is combined with a hyaluronic complex to provide deep hydration for the skin. A radiant and youthful appearance can be obtained with its finish, as it helps to unify the skin tone and conceal imperfections.
4. Makeup Foundation L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable
Formulated with vitamins A, B5, C, and E, this base from the renowned L'Oreal Paris brand are perfect for textured skin. While providing medium to full coverage, its ingredients moisturize the skin from within for long-term results. This base is extremely moisturizing, so our skin will appear lighter and have a natural finish.
The formula is designed to nourish our skin while covering imperfections. In addition to being offered in more than 40 shades, it has a light consistency that does not feel excessively heavy.
5. Makeup Foundation Double Wear Stay-in-Place de Estee Lauder
The perfect base will be this one from Estee Lauder if you are looking for a base that stays radiant throughout the day. Double Wear Stay-in-Place bases are resistant to heat, humidity, and cold. A great advantage of this product is that it has excellent absorption, which will allow us to go about our daily activities without worrying about staining our clothes or ruining our makeup.
It offers a medium-complete and long-lasting coverage (essential for textured skin). While its coverage can be complete and matte, it does not dry out the skin at all (nor does it create lumps). Its texture is soft and extends very well on the surface of the skin.
Tips For Applying the Foundation Correctly
After we manage to identify the best foundation for textured skin, we must also consider how to apply it. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of the selected product:
- The first thing we need to do is make sure that our foundation doesn't cause any allergic reactions to our skin. It is possible to test this by applying pressure to a small area of skin (for example, the back of the hand). If there are no visible changes after a few hours, it means that we can use the product without worry.
- Before applying our base, it is very important that our face is completely clean and hydrated. A good idea is to use a facial cleanser and then a moisturizer specifically designed for combination-oily skin.
- For a more natural finish, it is recommended to apply the base from the center of the face outwards. This will help create a gradient effect and prevent the makeup from looking heavy. This can be accomplished with brushes for bases, which are ideal instruments for an uniform and light application.
- Natural light is the most recommended light source to use when applying base. Good lighting is essential because we can perceive the tone of our skin better and avoid applying an excessive amount of product that can give the appearance of a mask.
- If we want to seal our base, it is advisable to do it with the help of a fixing powder or spray. Using a good fixing powder or spray, reduces the chances of our makeup breaking or being erased, and we also prolong the duration of the effect of our base.
Choosing the best foundation becomes a complicated task when we do not know what is best for our textured skin.
With these tips for choosing and applying your base, you can achieve a makeup that looks flattering but not overdone or overdone. Check out our blog for more information on enhancing your skin's natural glow!